Funding lines - General Fund
Roberto Cimetta Fund ǀ General Fund
15th March 2017
The Roberto Cimetta Fund is launching the General Fund for Artistic and Cultural Mobility in the Euro-MENA region. Artists and cultural operators living and working in the Euro-MENA region can apply. Priority is given to mobility from the South and East of this region.
The General Fund is open to all requests for travel grants that respect the eligibility criteria of RCF, whatever the destination of travel, the artistic discipline or the direction of mobility. The General Fund functions on an annual basis which means that candidates can apply for the first session of the year, from the 15th March to the 15th April 2017 and to the other sessions in June and September depending on the funding available.
The following general criteria of RCF apply to this fund.
1) The aim of your trip must directly or indirectly show potential for a constructive and long term impact on the arts sector in your own country. This means that your travel must contribute to your own capacity building, which in turn can be shared in a “networking” fashion that will benefit connecting artists and operators in your region so as to maintain, renew and develop contemporary arts.
2) Travel can take place as soon as the call opens but in this case the applicant runs the risk of paying for travel without guarantee of the success of the application.
3) Applicant’s profile
- No nationality or age criteria: Applicant lives or works in the Euro-MENA region.
- Profession: performers, creators, teachers, cultural organisers, administrators, project leaders.
- Financial means: applicants who are unable to find the financial resources themselves.
4) Applications must be made by individuals not organisations. Only 3 members of a group can apply for a grant concerning the same project. A grant holder can only reapply twice. Applicants must choose the cheapest form of transport and can only apply for one international return travel ticket and visa costs (local transport is not reimbursed).
The results of the selection will be announced 15th June 2017 (Deadline for receiving applications: 15/04/2017).
If you want to apply, please visit the Roberto Cimetta Fund’s website and fill in the contact form on the website www.cimettafund.org. The office of the Fund will send you the appropriate form to fill in online.
 South Zone: Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Egypt, Mauritania, Jordan, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Palestine, Lebanon, Turkey, and the countries of the Arabian gulf, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Yemen.
Northern Europe: Germany, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, United Kingdom and Sweden, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway.
South of Europe: Cyprus, Spain, Greece, Italy, Malta, and Portugal.
East Zone: Macedonia, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Kosovo, Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia, Bulgaria, Rumania, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Poland.